Monday 2 January 2012

2012-The year that I'm supposed to grow up.



You know how a new year's resolution is supposed to be written after utmost consideration, well I have a confession to make. I wrote mine within 5 minutes sitting in the subway. I think it covers the basics. I think.

1. Remember all my family members birthdays

I know I know, you must be thinking what?? It's like mission impossible for me though. I have a tendency to forget unless I refer to Facebook. So I'm gonna try to remember it without writing it down somewhere or referring to Facebook for help. Dad, mum, mich, angie and shaun, I will remember your birthdays properly.

2. Not be afraid of life

I know it's vague. But I think that it's a fitting new years resolution because I believe it is essential in truly living. The greatest obstacle holding us back from achieving our dreams is ourselves. So when you're not afraid anymore, nothing can stand in your way.

3. Read the Bible finish

It's quite self-explanatory. I haven't read the Bible cover to cover before, so why not try it this year.

4. Qualify for dean's list

I have to do exceptionally well for all my subjects in my engineering course to get into this prestigious list. But this is one attractive goal worth working towards because qualifying for it automatically means qualifying for my faculty's annual scholarship award. Double kill.

5. Get six pack fit.

If I eat right and go to the gym regularly, this should be a piece of cake. But it's only if I'm disciplined enough to do so. I'm like those people who are really pumped up the first few weeks, but gets demotivated as the days go on. Challenge accepted.

6. Visit a foreign place/country with friends

I really do miss my friends. The uras gang. The ss15 gang. The church gang. A road trip or a holiday trip with them would be nice. It'd be like old times again while creating new memories together. We'd laugh all day, sing together and take lots of pictures, to laugh at later on. Might be hard accomplishing this, as everyone is everywhere now.

7. Appreciate the women in my life

Don't get me wrong, the guys are important too. I think it's the male ego, guys don't like showing their weak side to girls, and it ends up giving the wrong impression to girls like guys aren't sensitive enough or aren't caring enough. So somehow, I want to really appreciate the women in my life, I just haven't figured out how.

So that's it. Hopefully all's well this year. And if it's not, well, God has better plans installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment